The Tripp Trapp® chair, created in 1972 by the designer Peter Opsvik, has never been bettered. In 1972, revolution was a fact. Back then no one had seen anything like the Tripp Trapp®, and almost 40 years later it is still unique: the only child’s chair that can take you from baby to adult, keeping you secure and comfortable all the way.
The Tripp Trapp® designer’s inspiration came from watching his own young son, Tor, struggle to find a comfortable position to sit in at their family table. Having grown out of his old-fashioned high-chair, but still far too small to sit on an adult’s chair, Tor was left dangling his legs and struggling to reach the table.
- Grows with the child.
- Comes with baby set and harness to keep baby secure.
- Lifts the floor up to the child - gives stability and ability to move.
- Chair adapts to the child’s body instead of vice versa.
- Elevates the child up to the correct height at the table.
- Child is part of dining experience.
- Promotes parent - child bonding.
- Child is sitting ergonomically correct.
- Manufactured from cultivated beech, so it is strong, solid and durable.
- Removable, dishwasher safe tray
- 7-year warranty on wooden components: Registration at www.stokke.com entitles the owner to a 7-year Extended Warranty.